- Mineral Based Industry
- Sea Products.
- Agro & Food Processing
- Textile & Garment Making
- Coir Products
- Wooden based Furniture
- Engineering Units
- Making Soda water/Drinking water
- Rubber/Plastic Product
- Mineral Based Industry- KMML, IRE
- Sea Products; CHITOSAN, MATSYAFED
- Agro & Food Processing - Kerala Agro Fruit Products,Elampal
- M/sPonnu Food Products,Ayilara,Yeroor
- M/s Kerafed Oil Complex,Karunagappally
- Textile & Garment Making - Quilon Co-operative Spinning Mills Ltd,Karamcode, Chathannoor
- Wooden based Furniture - MIE Chithara, & Chadayamangalam
The district had major industrial units like ALIND, Quilon Seramics etc.
Kollam or Quilon, an old sea port town on the Arabian coast, stands on the Ashtamudi Lake. Kollam has excelled well in export based industries like Cashew and Marine.
Cashew Exporting has been the backbone of the economic prudence of kollam district. The new developments like the coming of an international ship with cashew to the neendakara port in kollam has given a ray of hope.
Marine Exporting is a flourishing industry now also in Kollam District. Due to the presence of one of the biggest fishing harbours in Asia, Shakthikulangara harbour and the nature gifted marine wealth, the sector is an evergreen sector in Kollam District. Even though, the sector has challenges, the sector is growing at a pretty good rate. Marine Processing industries are also being established throughout Coastal areas of Kollam.Key Statistics
Per Capita income (2015-16) Constant price - INR 1,43,552
|No of development plot/area||2|
|No of Mini Industrial Area||5|
|Industrial Area developed by : (a) District Panchayath (b) Block Panchayath (c) Grama Panchayath||5|
|Handloom societies (working)||35|
|Power loom societies (working)||0|
|General Industrial societies(working)||179|