No. of MSMEs registered
No. of MSMEs working as on 31/3/18
Investment (in INR Lakh)
No. of MSME units registered Udyog Aadhaar
Kozhikode District.... Once the capital of the powerful Zamorins and a prominent trade and commerce Centre
Kozhikode, also known as Calicut, is a district on the southwest coast of Kerala. City of Kozhikode is the district headquarters. The district boasts of 18,104 MSME units registered with a total investment of INR 2, 59, 800 lakhs. These units have provided employment to 75,347 persons. The major industries sectors in the district are Agro & Food based, Readymade Garments, Wood based, Footwear, Light Engineering and Paper and Paper Products. There are 7 Public Sector Units in the district.
Prominent sectors- Foot wear, Food, Wood
Prominent investors - 1. V.K.C Mammed Koya (VKC GROUP)
2. P.K.Ahammed (PK steel)
3. Paul Varghese (Leader Rubbers group)
4. Parrisons group-N.K.Muhammed Ali
5. Malabar Groups-M.P.Ahammed
6. Sethus Exports
7. Fortune Elastomers,Kundayithode
8. Mr.Walker Footware, Feroke
9. Rapture India Footware company Pvt.Ltd
10. Uniroyal Marine Exports ,Vengalam
11. S L K Food processing
12. Kerala Soaps
13. Crystal Aluminium Products, Kinalur.
14. JMR Infotech India Pvt Ltd.
15. Queetee Umbrella, Vadakara.