- 1. Quilon Co-operative Spinning Mill.
- 2. Alleppy Co-operative Spinning Mill.
- 3. Trichur Co-operative Spinning Mill.
- 4. Malabar Co-operative Spinning Mill.
- 5. Malappuram Spinning Mill.
- 6. Kannur Co-operative Spinning Mill.
- 7. K. Karunakaran Memorial Co-operative spinning mill (Mala).
- 8. Priyadarshini Spinning Mill.
- 1. Edarikkode Textiles, Malappuram
- 2. Kottayam Textiles, Kottayam.
- 3. Malabar Spinning & Weaving Mills, Calicut.
- 4. Prabhuram Textiles, Alappuzha.
- 5. Komalapuram Spinning & Weaving Mills, Alleppy.
- 6. Uduma Spinning Mill, Kasaragode.
- 7. Hi-tech Weaving Mill, Kannur
- Karal Kada
- Kasavu Kada
- Kairali Exports
Handloom is one of the major traditional industrial sectors of Kerala. The handloom sector has a unique place in the economy. The Directorate of Handlooms and Textiles, Kerala functioning under the Department of Industries and Commerce aims at evolving polices for the promotion and development of handloom and the Textile sector in the State.
There are 15405 weavers and the same number of allied workers working in 611 Primary Handloom Weavers Cooperative societies and 17070 looms in the State. Also there are approximately 15000 weavers working in the unorganized sector in the state. There are 100 show rooms for HANTEX and 50 show rooms for HANVEEV working for the marketing purpose of handloom products. Indian Institute of Handloom Technology (IIHT) conducts training programs for weavers and allied workers. An incubation center functions at Balaramapuram to incubate new enterprises into the Handloom sector.POWERLOOM
The Directorate of Handlooms and Textiles, Kerala functioning under the Department of Industries and Commerce aims at evolving polices for the promotion and development of power loom sector in the state. There are 47 power loom cooperative societies and 2032 looms in this sector in the state. Also there are around 800 looms working in private sector.SPINNING MILL
There are 8 Spinning Mills working in the Cooperative Sector under TEXFED. These are listed as follows:
Spinning Mills Under Public sector UndertakingI. Kerala State Textile Corporation (KSTC) There are 7 Spinning Mills working under KSTC. There are as follows:
Altogether there are around 3 lakh Spindles producing 72 lakh Kg yarn. Testing of cotton, yarn and clothes are facilitated by Centre for Applied Research and Development in Textiles.Select Key Players – Kerala