- Location advantage of Kochi city
- Value addition potential through downstream industries utilizing feedstock from the Petchem complex
- Access to most of the raw materials/utilities required for downstream industries
- Pipeline connectivity from Refinery enables cost competitiveness
- Access to catalyzing downstream investment in Micro/Small/ Medium Enterprises sector (MSME)
- Presence of GAIL Pipe lines
- Scope for development of ancillary industries and supporting services/logistics/ outsourcing
Kinfra Petrochemical Park, Ambalamughal, Kochi
Area – 481 ACRE| Location – Palakkad| Project Cost INR 1000 crores
KINFRA is developing a Petrochemical Park of international standards at Ambalamughal, Ernakulam District, Kerala. This project is being set up to create an industrial park with modern facilities exclusive for the Petrochemical sector. The Petrochemical Park will be established in approximately 481 acres of land in the FACT premises. The proposed Petrochemical Park will play a massive role in bridging this demand-supply gap of chemicals in South India. The park would attract investment to the tune of INR 1000 Crores in this sector with a direct and an indirect employment generation of approx. 10000 and 5000 numbers respectively.
BPCL Kochi refinery is making a major capacity expansion from 9.5 MMTPA to 15.5 MMTPA. BPCL will produce 500,000 TPA of propylene, which would be the major feed stock for production of petrochemicals. Kochi Refinery has also initiated the Propylene Derivative Petrochemical Project which would help to produce value added petrochemical products.
Following information presents the feedstock that will be available from BPCL Kochi:-
2019-2022: Propylene, Iso butylene, n Butene, Toluene, Benzene, MTO, Acrylic Acid, Butanol/Iso butanol, 2 Ethyl Hexanol, Butyl Acrylate, 2 Ethyl-Hexyl Acrylates, Ethylene, EO, MEG, Phenol/Acetone, Caprolactum and other BPCL refinery by products.
2022 onwards: SAP, Propylene Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Poly Ether
Advantages of the Park are:
In addition to the above advantages, the Kochi port offers scope for easy imports of several other chemicals and petrochemicals from the cost effective region of Middle East for subsequent value addition.